Online information session recorded June 25, 2020.
The City of Hamilton's Landscape Architectural Services section has started the design of Phase 2 of the Churchill Park Master Plan Implementation. In keeping with the approved Master Plan, the Phase 2 project will focus on drainage and pedestrian accessibility in the north end of the park.
- Installation of limestone screening walkways on the upper plateau (soccer field area) including formal connections to Royal Botanical Gardens (RBG) trailheads (Ginger Valley Trail and Princess Point Trail) and connections to phase 1 walkways. Re-grading of the existing cricket pitch area.
- Installation of grassed swales and small-scale rain gardens
- Shifting two mini soccer pitches east to permit small rain garden installation and improve sports field drainage.
- Installation of stone seating nodes at Franklin Ave and Norwood Road walkway intersections
- Maureen Wilson, Ward 1Councillor
- Cynthia Graham, Manager of Landscape Architectural Services, City of Hamilton
- Meghan Stewart, Supervisor, Landscape Architectural Services, City of Hamilton
- Ken Wheaton, Project Manager, Landscape Architectural Services, City of Hamilton
- Tys Theysmeyer, Head of Natural Areas, Royal Botanical Gardens