“Why are we seeing such a dramatic increase in the number of people living in encampments?”
Please be advised of the upcoming temporary lane closure on Beckett Dr (Queen Street hill) to facilitate guide rail installation.
- Where: Beckett Dr (Queen Street hill) starting from Amelia St upbound approximately 100m.
- When: Wednesday, August 16th, 2023, between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm
- Traffic control and flaggers will be in place during operation, allowing alternating single lane of traffic.
- Please expect delays throughout this area.
- This work is weather dependent.
Victoria Park Spray Pad Construction
Spray Pad Replacement and Sun Shelter Construction Starting Monday!!!!
Finally, the enhanced archaeology work is complete. The contractor will begin construction of the spray pad on Monday, July 24!
In conjunction with the spray pad replacement, a sun shelter is planned to be constructed near the spray pad area. The addition of sun shelter to the park space aligns with and is being carried out as part of the continued implementation of the Victoria Park Master Plan.
- Replacement of the existing spray pad
- Construction of a new sun shelter
- Construction of a new plaza area with seating
- Park lighting upgrades
See the public engagement and project pages for more detail.
Desjardins Recrational Trail Bridge 1-Day Closire
Ontario’s Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks ordered the City of Hamilton to conduct targeted dredging of the Chedoke Creek following as a result of the Main/King combined sewer overflow discharge between January 2014 and July 2018. The goal of the Order is to improve the condition of Chedoke Creek and Cootes Paradise prior to the beginning of this discharge event.
In-water work began July 17, 2023, with dedicated debris removal in Chedoke Creek occurring between the Desjardins Recreation Trail bridge and the Kay Drage Park bridge.
The in-water targeted dredging is anticipated to take 3.5 months to complete.
To support targeting dredging for the Chedoke Creek project, the Desjardins Recreation Trail bridge will be closed Monday, July 24. The closure will prioritise public safety while the crane lifts the dredging machine from the bridge's south side to the north