Early today I had the opportunity to talk the Director of Licensing and By-law Enforcement, Ken Leendertse about some of the questions Ward 1 residents have concerning how by-law enforcement is operating under the current COVID-19 restrictions.
Have a listen if you have a moment.
- What is the role of Licensing and By-law enforcement within the City of Hamilton?
- How has this changed, if at all, under the COVID circumstances?
- What role does the division play in terms of enforcing provincial emergency directives?
- What criteria are being used to prioritize property standard complaints now?
- What is the physical distancing by-law, how is it enforced, and how is discretion used?